Saturday, June 18, 2011

Country Song


I’m sittin’ in the snow in my underwear;
I musta had a hoot last night.
I’d sure like to know if I had fun,
But my brain ain’t a workin’ right.

My hat’s on my head and, well, I guess that’s good,
But my boots are nowhere to find.
I think there was a gal, perhaps there was two,
I can’t seem to clear my mind.

What she gonna say when I get home,
She’s gonna black a eye,
She’s gonna break a bone.
I better have a durn good lie
This time.

My trucks still in the lot up on cinder blocks,
But I guess it don’t matter much.
I don’t have my pants and I don’t have my keys
And don’t have a clue to where they may be
And she’s gonna kill me when I get home,
Gonna blacken both eyes
And break every bone,
I better have some durn good lies,
This time.

It might have been the whiskey, might have been the beer,
Might been the men’s room tote.
Whatever it was, whatever I done
I smell like a billy goat.

It’s gettin’ mightly cold sittin’ in the snow
Without no coat, socks or a shirt.
I’m just wearing a strange tattoo.
And, man, it’s beginning to hurt.
I am freezing my rear in a snowbank here,
It musta been a howl all right.
I’m never goin drinking alone
Well, at least not again tonight.

What she gonna say when I get home,
She’s gonna black my eye,
She’s gonna break a bone.
I better have a durn good lie
This time.
This time.

No comments: