Saturday, May 22, 2010

Wind

WIND
A Double Acrostic





Silence filled both hill and holloW
Perpetual emptiness enticed I
Icy winter seemed a yearlong seasoN
Repeating dully throughout all my minD
It was the slate colored cloud that was I
Then through this valley blew a reasoN
It was a mystery stirring my spiriT
Not just the breeze that chilled me througH
This was deeper, something seeped inside mE
Held my heart tight within its angel fistS
Eased the flame I stoked under the deeP
Wicked furies against past hurts that I
Imagined caused my agony and feaR
Now forgiving all who punished me, I
Danced away under God on lighter feeT.



Please scroll down and turn off my music player if you choose to watch the video.



3 comments:

Laura said...

Larry,
I just read your last post on the apartments in Philly and I didn't know what to say so I came over here :) (I'm also left speechless by the comment you quoted...really?)

Anyway...

I enjoyed this poem. Very clever.

I like this:

Held my heart tight with its angel fists...

That is much more personal than a touch on the shoulder, no? I'm looking forward to reading more of your story. sounds like you've lived a lot of lives, friend :)

Anonymous said...

the words leave a heart dancing. forgiveness and the Spirit like the wind.

good work on the double acrostic, and your reading.

thank you for sharing.

Maureen said...

Well-done, Larry! Acrostics are not so easy to do, and you've created one that is lovely.